Here's what I brought...
- Glucagon was the first to go in!
- Basal and bolus insulin pens
- Large Frio cooling pack
- A full tube of grape flavoured Dex 4
- My vitamin pill holder, full with 1 multi-vitamin and 2 Vitamin D's per day
- Bayer Contour USB and test strips...my new meter which I have absolutely fallen in love with. But, that's a whole different post for when I get back!
- Verio IQ meter and 50 test strips...I haven't actually purchased my own Bayer test strips yet. I got 50 with the meter so I'm bringing the Verio as my backup
- Verio IQ charging cord which is also doubling as my IPhone charger.
- Lots of 4mm pen needles which I got as samples.
- And last but not least, my hypertension meds; Accupril (that's a new addition and another post as well)
And all these supplies fit very nicely in a Lantus bag that I got from my DNE...I finally found a use for it!!
We like to take snacks and a mini lunch on the road with us to save money. And now with diabetes tagging along on our road trips, food is always good to have in the car. Here's our little lunch, complete with a fresh vial of insulin on top so I don't forget it in the morning!!
That's cheese slices, couple of ham sandwich's, yogurt fruit salad (care of Pinterest) and homemade fresh blueberry muffins made by my awesome Mamma!!
See you all when I get back!!