Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Time to catch up!


So I've been MIA for a while.

I checked and my last post was June 2013. That's terrible, but sometimes life gets in the way. I have a few reasons why I'm wanting to get back to blogging on a much more regular basis. Mainly, because I miss the PWD people!! And secondly, I realized that my Diabetes suffers when I'm not blogging. The reason I went away from blogging for a bit was because I felt like all I thought about was Diabetes and I was getting burnt out thinking about it all the time. That's not to say I still don't think about it at every meal, and every bed time, and every time I order a coffee ("did they hear me ask for sweetener or were they distracted and used sugar instead?"), but I needed a break.

So I took one.

And it felt good but it's time to get back on track. My A1C has gone up a little bit but is still within range, but that made me realize that I haven't been focusing enough time on my health. More on that down the road though. For now I'm going to try and get everyone caught up with me....it's been a busy 7 months!

Since June of last year....

July - Most of the summer was spent getting used to being a home owner. I attempted to learn how to care for the numerous flower beds in our yard. Keyword: attempted. We also have an above ground pool so I got to spend many sunny days in it.

August - The boyfriend and I went to Thunder Bay for a much needed visit and....we got engaged!!

September - I pretty much spent everyday on Pinterest planning our wedding. You never can start too early! Our date is set for October 2014. It's always been my dream to have a beautiful fall wedding and Manitoba is beautiful in the fall. I also had an Endo appointment this month and it went very well. I was given a 6 month leash this time!

October - The Winnipeg Jets season opened and I got to go to my first home opener. It did not disappoint!

December - Christmas snuck up on me this year big time! I worked through Christmas and New Years this year which was a real bummer. It's just not the same when you barely get to celebrate. The fiancé's family came to us this year for Christmas and we were so happy to be able to host them in our first home.

January - Happy New Year!! It's another fresh year and mine started with an Endo appointment. I was dreading it big time because I hadn't been as focused on my Diabetes for the last bit but it only went up by a bit. I went from 7.2 to 7.8 - I want to bring it back down because I'm a perfectionist but my Endo says I shouldn't be stressing too much about it.

Ok, well that's been a quick snapshot of my life since my last post! Looking forward to blogging more often!




1 comment:

  1. nice to have you back! i've been MIA a bit too and for the same reasons! funny how that happens. congratulations on your first home and your engagement!!
    looking forward to hearing about all your plans for the house and the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete