Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A New Look!


About 8 years ago, I had laser eye surgery done on my eyes and had better than 20/20 vision. Then, diabetes came along and mucked it all up!

About 2 months after my diagnosis, I started noticing that my vision wasn't as crystal clear as it normally was, especially later in the day. My Endo said some people are very sensitive to fluctuations in their BG levels. I definitely notice when I eat a meal higher in sugar because my vision can blur quite noticeably. It always tends to go back to the same level of blurry-ness.

So, I finally booked an appointment last week to see an optometrist to have my prescription checked and to ensure that I didn't have any signs of any eye diseases.

 I am happy to report that my appointment went really well! My eyes are very healthy and I have no signs of any eyes diseases. My optometrist gave me a mild prescription for glasses to wear when I need them - so for driving and the odd time while watching tv. I was also happy to learn that as a diabetic my eye exams are 100% free every year!! Bonus!

Today I met up with my very best friend to try out some frames and to get her opinion (she's good at stuff like this). It was a lot of fun trying in different styles and surprisingly after only about 20 minutes I found a pair I loved. About an hour later I had my brand new glasses to take home!

*** On a side note - wow, are glasses and lenses ever expensive!! Thank god for my benefits!

What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I love them! Suits your face perfectly!

    -Judy

    ReplyDelete